Private Dinner for 10 Entry Rules
OFFICIAL RULES ("Rules") U.S.A. & PUERTO RICO
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE. Internet access is required.
Palm Management Corporation (“Sponsor” and “Administrator”) is offering and administering this Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). Sponsor and Administrator shall be referred to collectively as the “Sweepstakes Entities”.
1. This Sweepstakes is open solely to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) and Puerto Rico who (a) presently are located and living in one of the jurisdictions listed above; (b) are 18 years of age or older (19 or older if a resident of AL or NE) as of the time of entry, and (c) have an active and valid e-mail address as of time of entry. The Sweepstakes is void outside the eligible jurisdictions listed above, and wherever prohibited by law. Employees of Sweepstakes Entities, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, promotion, marketing and advertising agencies, and members of the immediate families (defined for these purposes as including spouses, biological, adoptive or step-parents, children, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren, aunts and uncles, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of whether living in the same household) or households (regardless of whether related) of any of the above persons, are NOT eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes or to receive any reward Palm Award hereunder. Proof of eligibility may be required from all reward Palm Award recipients.
2. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 25, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on February 10, 2013. (“Sweepstakes Period”). Proof of submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt of such entry by Sponsor or Administrator.
3. How to Enter: Each entrant must complete an on-line entry form at http://www.thepalm.com/the-job/entry (the “Website”) with all required information and must submit such completed entry form, in accordance with instructions on the Website and herein, for receipt by Administrator within the Sweepstakes Period. Only one entry per person per email address. All Sweepstakes entry forms shall become the exclusive property of Sponsor and shall neither be acknowledged nor returned except as provided herein. At the end of the Sweepstakes Period, the Administrator will conduct a random drawing from among all entries received as of the drawing to select one (1) winner to receive a Private Dinner for 10 at The Palm ($1,500 value) and (1) runner up to receive a $500 Palm Dining Card. The odds of winning a Private Dinner for 10 or Palm Dining Card ("Palm Award") will depend on the number of eligible entries received as of each drawing. Potential winners will be notified by email. Private Dinner for 10 may be redeemed any The Palm Restaurant (except the London, Mexico City-Polanco, Mexico City-Santa Fe or JFK Airport locations) through 12/30/2013. Arrangements for Private Dinner must be made with the local sales manager; maximum value $1,500. Palm Dining Card may be redeemed at any The Palm Restaurant (except the London, Mexico City-Polanco, Mexico City-Santa Fe or JFK Airport locations) through 12/30/2013 by applying it toward your dinner or lunch bill (Palm Dining Card does not apply to taxes or gratuity). If you are a minor, you must be accompanied by your parent or legal guardian at the time of redemption. You must surrender your Palm Dining Card to your server at the time of redemption. If there is a balance remaining on your Palm Dining Card after applying it to your bill, your server will return the Palm Dining Card to you and you may use the balance on a future visit through 12/30/2013, subject to the terms herein. Any value remaining on your Palm Dining Card after 12/30/2013 will be forfeited. The winner of each Palm Award will be determined on a random basis. Use of a Palm Award is subject to verification of its validity by the Administrator in conjunction with the management at the restaurant at which it is presented for redemption. Palm Awards contain authentication information and marks. Any Palm Award deemed invalid for any reason will not be honored.
4. In the event of a dispute as to who is entitled to receive a Palm Award, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry, provided that such person otherwise meets all of the eligibility requirements of these Rules. "Authorized account holder" means the natural person who was assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any potential Palm Award recipient may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder. Sweepstakes Entities hereby specifically reserve the right to invalidate any and all Sweepstakes entries (and the resulting Palm Awards) that are made through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method or through fraud or in any manner that Sponsor or Administrator deem to be in violation of these Rules, and to disqualify the individual(s) using such a method from participating further in this Sweepstakes and/or receiving a Palm Award. By entering, each entrant (or his/her parent or legal guardian if entrant is a minor) agrees to irrevocably release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, marketing and promotion agencies, and the officers, directors, employees, designees and agents of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, actions, causes of action, demands, judgments, liability, injuries, damages, losses, costs and expenses (collectively, “Claims”) arising out of or relating to, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, any of the following: (a) participation of entrant in this Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes-related activities; (b) the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any Palm Award; (c) electronic transmissions, Sweepstakes entries or Palm Awards that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, indecipherable, inaccurate, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected or not received by the intended party for any reason; (d) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of any Sweepstakes entries, winner notices or Palm Awards, or the destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any Sweepstakes entries, winner notices or Palm Awards; (e) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer and/or its contents, or causes beyond the Released Parties’ reasonable control that may jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity, safety or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (f) the submission/redemption of any Sweepstakes entries/Palm Awards in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Rules; (g) incorrect or inaccurate entrant information, whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes; (h) any typographical, printing, production or other error of any kind in any printing, advertising or other materials related to this Sweepstakes (including without limitation the Palm Awards), in the administration or execution of this Sweepstakes, or in the notification of recipients; or (i) cheating or fraud by any entrant. Lost or stolen Palm Awards will not be replaced. If for any reason this Sweepstakes cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause(s) beyond the control of Sponsor that may corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity, safety or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, or if this Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor hereby specifically reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify this Sweepstakes, and only those valid Palm Awards issued prior to the time/date of termination will be honored. Sponsor hereby reserves the right, exercisable at any time in its sole discretion (and without limitation of any and all other legal and/or equitable rights and remedies that may be available), to disqualify from this Sweepstakes and to prosecute any individual(s) who is (are) found to be tampering with or attempting to tamper with the Sweepstakes process or any part of this Sweepstakes, including without limitation the Palm Awards. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON(S) DELIBERATELY TO DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR OTHERWISE TO CORRUPT THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD ANY SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR HEREBY SPECIFICALLY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY (FROM THIS SWEEPSTAKES), PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
5. The following The Palm Restaurant Palm Awards will be available for distribution in this Sweepstakes: One (1) $1,500 Private Dinner for 10 and one (1) $500 Palm Dining Card. Total prize value $2,000. Limit one (1) Palm Award per person/household/email address. Palm Awards are valid toward consumption in a future visit to The Palm Restaurants (except the London, Mexico City-Polanco, Mexico City-Santa Fe or JFK Airport locations) until 12/30/2013. Only one (1) Palm Award may be redeemed per table. Any Palm Award recipient who is a minor must be accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian at the time the Palm Award is redeemed. Private Dinner for 10 may be redeemed any The Palm Restaurant (except the London, Mexico City-Polanco, Mexico City-Santa Fe or JFK Airport locations) through 12/30/2013. Arrangements for Private Dinner must be made with the local sales manager; maximum value $1,500. Tax and gratuities are not included in the value of the Palm Dining Card. Palm Awards may not be transferred, assigned, redeemed for cash or substituted in any way. If a balance remains on the Palm Dining Card after applying it to your bill, you must use the remaining balance on a future visit by 12/30/2013, subject to the terms herein; you will not be entitled to receive your balance in cash. Any balance remaining on the Palm Dining Card after 12/30/2013 will be forfeited. All applicable sales tax, income taxes and gratuities in connection with any Palm Dining Card awarded in this Sweepstakes are the sole responsibility of the Palm Award recipient or his/her parent or legal guardian, as applicable. See additional redemption details in Rule 3 above. All other details relating to Palm Awards that are not set forth specifically above shall be determined at Sponsor's sole discretion. The Palm Awards will be awarded only to the authorized account holders of the email accounts associated with the valid entries received.
6. Administrator and Sponsor’s decisions in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes shall be final, binding and non-appealable in all respects. Each Palm Award recipient must comply fully with all provisions of these Official Rules in order to be eligible to redeem his/her Palm Award. If: (a) a Palm Award recipient or his/her Palm Award is found to be ineligible or invalid for any reason; or (b) a Palm Award recipient (or his/her parent or legal guardian if recipient is a minor) fails to comply with all provisions of these Official Rules; or (c) the notification to a potential Palm Award recipient is returned as undeliverable; or (d) a potential Palm Award recipient cannot accept his/her Palm Award in accordance with the provisions of these Rules, then (i) that potential Palm Award recipient (or his/her parent or legal guardian, as applicable) will forfeit all rights to receive the Palm Award; and (ii) Sweepstakes Entities shall be relieved of any and all further obligations or liability to that potential Palm Award recipient (or his/her parent or legal guardian, as applicable). Each Palm Award recipient (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if recipient is a minor) may be required, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and (where legal) a Publicity Release as a condition of redeeming his/her Palm Award. If a Palm Award recipient (or his/her parent or legal guardian, as applicable) is asked to comply with this condition and fails to do so, then (a) that Palm Award recipient (or his/her parent or legal guardian, as applicable) will forfeit all rights to redeem his/her Palm Award; and (b) Sweepstakes Entities shall be relieved of any and all further obligations or liability to that Palm Award recipient (or his/her parent or legal guardian, as applicable).
8. For the names of the recipients of Palm Awards, (available after all Palm Awards are distributed), send a self-addressed, stamped #10 size envelope, postmarked by no later than July 15, 2013, to: ”Private Dinner for 10” Giveaway, 1730 Rhode Island Ave., NW Suite 900, Washington, DC 20036. The information will be mailed after all Palm Award recipients have been confirmed. Or visit http://www.thepalm.com/the-job.
Sponsor and Administrator: Palm Management Corporation, 1730 Rhode Island Avenue NW #900
Washington, DC 20036.
All trademarks used herein and in the Sweepstakes are the property of their respective owners.